paleo Diet – Gluten Free Fast Foods
The paleo Diet is over 10,000 years old. It is the Caveman Diet or the diet caveman ate. The Paleolithic Period is pre agriculture and animal domestication. Caveman and women traveled in small bands always looking for food and shelter. The seasons and locations dictated the availability of food and shelter. All food was eaten raw. Half of the caveman’s diet was fresh fruits and vegetables, leaves, herbs, nuts, seeds and eggs. Animal skins and furs were used for clothing and shelter. Caveman did not suffer from modern day diseases: cancer, type 2 diabetes and heart diseases.
Free Paleo Recipes: Nutty Peachy Arugula Spinach Salad, Paleo Balsamic Dressing and Paleo Stir Fry Recipe
Paleo diet is gluten, dairy, soy and preservative free. A low fat and low carbohydrate diet. Many of Paleo foods are unsaturated macro nutrients. The modern diet has a wealth of delicious and nutritious recipes.
Nutty Peachy Arugula Spinach Salad
- 11/2 cups fresh arugula
- 11/2 cup spinach
- ½ cup blackberries
- ¾ cup slice peaches (peeled or unpeeled cut in 1/8)
- 4 to 6 slices bacon (fried)
- 2 tbsp. virgin coconut oil
- 1 boiled egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon (option)
- 1 tsp nutmeg (option)
- Wash arugula, spinach and blackberries. Set aside to dry.
- Shell and cut walnuts in ½
- In small pan sauté sliced fresh peaches. Sauté in virgin coconut oil. Remove when tender and set aside.
- Crumble crisp fried bacon into bits.
- Finely chop shelled and hard boiled egg.
- Combine arugula, spinach, bacon blackberries, eggs, walnuts, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Place combination in salad bowl and top with sautéed peaches. Add balsamic dressing of choice.
- Serves 4
Paleo Balsamic Dressing Recipe
In small bowl combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey (to taste). Orthodox Paleo diets do not allow honey. I do use small amounts of honey when cooking Paleo.
Paleo Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
- 1 lb boneless chicken cubs
- ½ lb broccoli florets
- ¼ lb red bell pepper (sliced)
- ¼ lb fresh carrots (cut at diameter)
- ½ lb finely chopped chives
- 5 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tsp black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tsp sea salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Coat pan with coconut oil. Sauté cubed chicken in pan until tender.
- Set thoroughly cooked chicken aside.
- In separate frying pan coated with coconut oil sauté vegetables.
- When vegetables tender but crisp add sauté chicken sea salt and black pepper.
- Mix all ingredients well and serve.